TEN Community Funding or its affiliates operate a public website at www.TENCommunityFunding.com, and also offer an online intermediary platform for crowdfunded securities in Texas. You may browse the public content on the website without establishing a user account, but you must establish a user account to view and use non-public content on the site and to use the platform.
- Data Collected: the personal data that TEN Community Funding collects from you;
- Use of Data: the ways that TEN Community Funding uses that personal data, including the ways that it may combine data it collects from you with data it acquires about you from other sources; and
- Disclosure of Data to Others: the circumstances under which TEN Community Funding might share your personal data with others.
Public Site Visitors:
Our Web server captures your IP address, the time and duration of your visit, and the pages on the site that your visit. It may also collect information about your browser, device, location and other information of the type collected by Web servers generally. We may use “cookies,” “web beacons” or other techniques to identify you or your device to your activity on the site. Please see the section below captioned “Online Data Collection Technologies” for more information regarding our use of these techniques and your ability to restrict our collection of data in this manner.
We use third party Web analytics tools to capture information about your use of the site, such as mouse clicks and scrolling activity. For example, we may use Google Analytics. The providers of these tools may capture data about your activity on our site, via cookies and other techniques.
If you arrive at our site by clicking on an advertisement or content published by a third party, that third party may provide information to us about your activity on their site. For example, we may use Google AdWords or other third party advertisers, or may sponsor links on other third party sites.
We may ask you to volunteer information about yourself using the site, including personal data (such as your name and email address), demographic data (such as your profession, age and gender), and information about your general interests. We may also ask you to submit a photograph of yourself. Your submission of this type of information as a public site visitor is not required.
We may permit third parties to display content on our site. If you view this content, the third party may collect information about you. For example, we may permit content to be displayed by Google Fonts, Google Maps, You Tube or Vimeo. You should see the third party’s site for more information about the data they collect and their use and disclosure of the data.
You must provide personal data to establish a services account, such as name, physical address, phone number, email address, and other contact information.
As part of setting up your account, you are required to create a password, password hints, and provide answers to security questions. You are also required to provide financial information for the purpose of paying our fees, such as your credit number and expiration date.
You may be required or permitted to publish personal and financial data about yourself as part of the content you post to the public and non-public parts of the site, including the comment sections of the offering pages, by means of the platform, or to qualify you as an appropriate issuer or investor under applicable laws and regulations. You may also be required or permitted to publish demographic data or information about your interests and background. You may be permitted to publish a photograph of yourself. The nature of these publication features necessarily identifies you to your published content.
You may be permitted to share with TEN Community Funding the personal data of your contacts via your local address book or via a third party service such as Facebook or LinkedIn.
If you contact us for support (whether by phone, chat, email or other means) we may record and save the contents of the communication.
Use of Data
Generally TEN Community Funding uses the personal and other data it collects to provide its platform services, to operate its website and platform efficiently, and to provide a good quality experience for site visitors and platform users. It may also use the information to show you advertisements and other content that may be of particular interest to you while you are on the site or platform. TEN Community Funding may use the information to send you email or other communications about TEN Community Funding ’s or third parties’ content, product or services. If you provide TEN Community Funding with information about your contacts, TEN Community Funding will use that information to invite them to view your content, or for other purposes disclosed on the site from time to time.
The providers of our analytics tools may use the information they collect about your site visit to show you advertisements or other content that may be of particular interest to you.
If you establish a platform account, we may tie the information we collect as part of your pre-login site visit to your post login activity on the site and platform.
If TEN Community Funding acquires information about you from third parties, such as marketing or advertising firms, security services, or content providers, it may tie this third party provided information to the information it collects from or about you as part of your visit to the site or use of the platform.
Here are some specific examples of the ways we use data we have about you:
- Account Transactions: We use your account data to communicate with you about account transactions or respond to your requests for support (such as fee payments, support requests, platform interactions with your issuers or crowd funders);
- Fraud, Abuse, Security: We use the account and other data to screen for and reduce fraud, spam, abuse, and security problems. We may remove content or block access to the site or platform in our discretion to reduce the risk of fraud, abuse, and security problems;
- TEN Community Funding Improvements: We use the data we collect to improve our site and platform, such as changes to the content or organization of the content, developing new platform features, identification of target audiences for our external advertising and publicity efforts;
- Legal Compliance: We use the data we collect to confirm that you are eligible under the law to use the platform and to manage our compliance with the laws and regulations governing our platform.
- Newsletters and Other Promotional Content: We may use your data to send you communications of interest to you, including promotional communications. We may use Web beacons to track whether you actually view our messages or content.
Disclosure of Data to Others
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- To persons who help us provide our products and services to you. We may provide personal and other information to third parties who work for us, such as companies that manage and monitor investment accounts, verify credit card information, process credit card payments, manage e-signing, analyze data, manage contact information and communications, remove repetitive information from customer lists, and provide marketing services. These providers are not authorized to further disclose your data or to use your data for any other purpose other than providing services to us.
- Our site and platform are hosted by third parties and we use third-party infrastructure monitoring services. These third parties may have inadvertent or incidental access to your data. These providers are not authorized to further disclose your data or to use your data for any purpose other than providing services to us.
- As part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company. We may in the future sell all or part of our assets or be involved in a merger. It is customary for personal information to be included with the transferred assets in these types of transactions.
We may disclose data we collect from and about you in aggregate anonymous form for the purpose of improving our site and services generally.
Online Data Collection Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device, typically a string of numbers and letters. The cookie is used to uniquely identify your device. Whoever places the cookie will typically use the information to associate each of your site or services visits to your device, and to you personally if the cookie-placer has information that identifies you personally to your device. Most browsers include features that enable you to block or restrict cookie placement. If you disable or restrict cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of the site or service that placed the cookie.
A Web beacon is a small electronic image that is served by a Web server when you view the Web page or email in which it is embedded. Generally, when you view the content in which the Web beacon is embedded, a call is placed to the Web beacon server that identifies your IP address or device information in a way that enables the operator of the beacon to identify your device, or you, to your activity.
Security: We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized use and disclosure.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection: We will not knowingly collect any data from or about any person under the age of 13.
Data about Europeans and other Non-Texans: TEN Community Funding is located in Houston, Texas. The use of the TEN Community Funding Service as an issuer or an investor is limited by law to persons in Texas. We cannot control who visits our site, but our site is targeted to Texans. TEN Community Funding does not encourage non-Texans to provide any personally identifiable information via the Site or the Services and does not permit its service providers to provide personal data about non-Texans.
This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Data Controller and Owner
Business Funding LLC,
PO Box 163262
Austin, TX 78716
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage data, first name, last name, phone number, email address, gender, date of birth, address, password, company name, Tax ID, profession, fax number, country, state, ZIP/Postal code, Social Security number (SSN), city, picture, username, various types of Data, website, data relating to the point of sale and profile picture.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
Users are responsible for any Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Latest update: December 30, 2016